Sunday, April 19, 2009



I don't know whether to laugh at how ridiculous some people can be, or cry because there are people who really think and talk this way.

This new tactic of making it sound as though pushing for gay marriage rights actually takes rights away from straight people is particularly shocking. I hadn't heard that argument before. The sad thing is, I'm sure it will be compelling to people who were previously apathetic or on the fence about it.

Ugh. I look forward to the day when I can mention my friends Danny and Marshall, the married couple, in mixed company and not receive looks of shock and disgust.

3 comments:

  1. The Real David8:13 AM

    The Colbert show had a great response to this

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYUHTXAFv1E&feature=related

    ReplyDelete
  2. Disregard the first sentence of my post.

    I know exactly how I feel. These people make me intensely angry.

    How in the $#%& is a Doctor forced to choose between her faith and her job? Does that mean she would deliberately choose to not treat a patient becase they are gay? OF COURSE that should be illegal you biggoted bag of $hit. That is discrimination. Period.

    ...but the lady who said she is watching helplessly as the public school teaches her son that gay marriage is okay... what? Is that a new school subject that I somehow missed? Is the curriculum now Reading, Writing, Arithmatic and Gay Marriage Is Okay?

    I have simmered down a LOT when it comes to politics over the last year or so, but people like this still get me riled.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, you must have skipped class in the fifth grade when everyone was forced to watch "Cruising" with Al Pacino.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgWvLkTkTBY

    ReplyDelete