Thursday, June 04, 2009

People make me laugh
(myself included)

With each new convenience that we manage to contrive for ourselves comes a whole new laundry list of complications and ailments and overblown health alerts by the media.

Everybody, please say hello to CELL PHONE ELBOW

Essentially, it's a cousin of carpal tunnel, only it lives at the other end of the fore arm.

Who among us hasn't spent a little too long on their phone with an old friend catching up, and noticed a bit of stiffness and/or discomfort in their elbow? I know I've done it a time or two. But if I know I'm going to be on for a long while, I usually I have the foresight to plug in my hands free set.

Don't get me wrong, I recognize that, like carpal tunnel, this will end up being a serious problem for some people, but I think the majority of us will be just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment