Monday, January 17, 2005

Holy crap, my friends, this last week was the week of weeks for me. SO much good stuff went down... let's see if i can remember it all.

First, I ordered and received my materials for my personal training certification. I asked Meg if she could help me out financially while I took a leave of absence from my crappy dayjob to study up for the test. She said yes, but that things would be tight.

Hehe. Things got a lot less tight.

Shortly after that my Dad found a savings bond that he had bought in my name about a week before I was born. It matured YEARS ago at $200. When I presented it to the bank guy he said it might have accrued some interest. It sure did. Just a little. The guy cashed it out for me at

$538.66

"HOLY CRAP!" I actually said that out loud at the bank. It got a good laugh from all.

Later that day at Target the flower pots I was buying rang up wrong and saved me almost $20, because the clerk didn't care. And they also took back a return that I had wthout a receipt. My mom said she bought it on sale, but since the sale was over, and I had no receipt, I got full price for it!

Then, at rehearsal for the show I'm sound designing I was introduced to the choreographer. As soon as she heard what I do, she offered me her business card and a job designing for her dance studio. She asked about my fee and I explained that "I start at $400 and depending how simple or complex the show, I go up or down from there." She responded with a smile, and said "nothing we do is ever simple."

My internal monologue instantly said "Holy crap, she just said that I will be making more than $400 with her shows. SWEET!"

The next day I would find out that this choreographer is also Alice Cooper's wife, and that it's more than likely that I will be meeting him. HOLY CRAP!

Then, on the weekend I met one of this theatre's former sound designers who informed me he was clearing $700 per show for them a couple years ago. I was furious, but instead of letting that show, I just went to my boss and asked for $600 per show for the next few shows.

HE SAID YES!

And to top off this WONDERFUL WEEK, Meg and I had a friend stay over the other night. I will not go in to detail, seeing as how my aunt and my mother read this, but I think you all get the idea.

I am just walking on sunshine. It's about FRIGGIN' time! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment