Monday, July 13, 2009

Recently, it has occurred to me that I have worked a number of different jobs over the years. My resume, if I were to write an all-inclusive one, would be sprawling and likely a few dozen pages long.

My mind started to wander over all the things I have done for money over the years, and a list began to form. Keep in mind that this list is all the things I have done for money. Strictly speaking, some of them weren't "jobs." Putting in work ("work" may be defined loosely for a few on the list) and receiving payment for it is the only definition for "job" I am using.

The jobs are listed in chronological order to the best of my memory.

Landscaping
Car-washing
House-keeping
Waiting Tables
Bus Boy
Bread Dough Roller
Zoo Lights costumed character
Birthday Clown
Singing Telegrams
Movie Theatre Usher
Illustrator / Image Editor
Video Store Clerk
Video Store Manager
Short Order Cook
Office Supply Store clerk
Actor
Fight Choreographer
DVD Bootlegger
Film Extra
Writer
Producer
Publicist
Director
Graphic Designer
Costume/Makeup Designer
Sound Designer
Composer (guitar only)
Voice Over
Personal Trainer
Fitness Consultant
Fitness Program Designer (as in building a boot camp program from the ground up)
Marketing Director
Janitor
Maintenance Man
Marketing Copy writer
Massage Therapist
Dog Behaviorist
Birthday Party Entertainer (different from clown job. still for kids, but very different)

There's no particular reason for this list. I just wanted to see it all on paper.

I wonder if this list will be longer in 10 years, or if I will settle in to something.

Time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment