Monday, February 27, 2006

Boston Concluded


One last picture of Meg bundled against the snow. Here she's crunching the snow under her boots because she likes the sound it makes. I do too. Everywhere we went we went trudging through piles of dirty snow just to hear that novel crunchy noise.


One night we went to this psuedo-rave-like party called Carnivale Brasilero. It was essentially the Brazilian festival recreated in a warehouse in Boston. There was a dance lesson for a dance that I can only guess is a modern bastardization of the samba, there was this drumline that played for a good half hour, a live band, imported brazilian beer, hot dancing girls with the big plumed headdresses. It was awesome.


At the Carnivale, Meg's mom was dragged out onto the dance floor by this funny little masked asian man. I'm so glad he did. She was totally flattered and had a ball.


Here's Meg and I trying to do the dance I mentioned above to the band that played after the drumline. They played SO fast that to accomplish the steps at the proper tempo was insanely difficult for newcomers like us. By the way, that beer in my hand is a brazilian import called Brahma. Good stuff.


There were all kinds of people dressed up in various silly costumes. This guy was the best. Mere seconds before this picture he was standing nonchalantly text-messaging someone on the cell phone that you can see is still in his left hand. I asked if I could take his picture, and suddenly he struck this pose. Cool guy. I think he was rolling.

Beyond that we saw a GREAT play called Melancholy Play (I give it 5 stars, and highly recommend it), we saw Halle Berry get roasted by Harvard's theatre club, we ate THE BEST clam chowder EVER, and we saw Colin Ferrell's last flick, New World. Boo on New World, by the way. It was way way way too slow. There are several shots of people walking through tall grass with pretty underscoring that drag the movie out to almost three hours. Visually, it was breath-takingly beautiful, but in three hours there was a total of maybe a half hour's worth of actual dialogue and/or story.

Oh, and when it came time to go to the Carnivale, Meg and I realized that we didn't bring any party gear, not expecting the need for it. All we had were thermals and sweaters. We went to Urban Outfitters to get something, and MAN, did we luck out. Meg found the black top she's wearing above, I found the t-shirt I'm wearing above, and beyond that we got two more t-shirts for me and a pair of yoga pants for Meg. Guess what our total was.

Twenty dollars. Four cool shirts, and a pair of yoga pants for $19.98 to be exact.

Great trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment