Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Dream fragments this morning

1 Meg and I are sitting in my room talking. It's dark and rainy outside. Suddenly we start to hear the ominous pounding outside that is clearly the sound of a T-rex from Juarassic Park. Meg keeps lifting the blinds and peering outside excitedly. I remembered that the T-rex in the movie could only see movement, so I keep begging her to hold still, but she won't. She keeps saying, "yeah, yeah. I know, i know" but keeps moving! Her back is to the window as she says this, so she desn't see what I see. As she continues to nod, the T-rex rears back it's massive head to smash through the window and eat her. I grab her arm and take off running down a long corridor as the room is torn to pieces....

2 It's the past. About six years ago. I'm on a date with an ex-girlfriend, Tifin. Her and I go back to a friend's house. The house belongs to a friend I haven't seen since early high school. Nick Colon. Anyway, while we're there, Meg shows up. Suddenly, it's no longer the past. It is the present again... and I engaged to Meg, and on a date with Tifin?!?! Tifin is in the bathroom while Meg is there, so they never see each other. Meg leaves, and Tifin comes back out. I confess to her that I am with somebody else, and Tifin starts to get that uncomfortable, hurt attitude that is to be expected. But then I say something like "But, it's okay, we have this open... thing. We can do whatever we want." This seems to confuse her. She cant seem to decide if that is weird or not. Still unsure what to think, she asks "really?", I burst into another confession, but this time with wracking sobs. "No, it's a lie, it's not true. It would be cheating! I'm a bastard! I'm no good!" etc etc.

3 I am at the San Diego Comic Convention. I am about to watch a screening of a film that is apparently none-to-popular, as there are all of ten people in the room to watch. The guy in front of me looks familiar. I ask him his name. He replies "I'm HARVEY CORMAN." I proceed to gush about how big a fan I am "How could a young lad like you, be a fan of mine? I haven't worked in years." I tell him how my Dad was a big MEL BROOKS fan and showed me all his movies when I was a kid.

4 Meg says at some point in my sleep I said out loud "I have all of those, but I don't think it will do any good."

Any amateur interpretations, kids? Have at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment